- SAP took advantage of customers by restricting S/4HANA to HANA.
- How can SAP be pressured to open up S/4HANA to other databases?
This is a perfect time for SAP user groups to bring the pressure on SAP to open S/4HANA to other databases. However, who can do this?
The Uselessness of SAP User Groups
Unfortunately, while the interests of SAP customers is enormous on this topic, no SAP user group is willing to confront SAP with this demand. Each of the user groups is too chummy with SAP and therefore cannot adequately represent the interests of the users. ASUG members, in particular, could ask “what are you good for?”
ASUG is useless outside of setting up conferences and figuring out where booths should go, managing the catering for events, etc. You can’t trust them to moderate any disagreement with any objectivity with SAP, because SAP tells them what to do. ASUG is a castrated entity and holding pen for CIOs that are between SAP gigs that care more about their relationship to SAP than any of the companies that are ASUG members which we covered in the article How ASUG Lost Its Way and Sold Out to SAP.
It this amazing when you think about it. Consulting firms, user groups, Gartner and Forrester — SAP has infiltrated them all, and none of them represent the interests of customers. Only DSAG seems even to attempt to challenge SAP.
Getting to the Detail of TCO
The Mechanics of TCO
- Understand why you need to look at TCO and not just ROI when making your purchasing decision.
- Discover how an application, which at first glance may seem inexpensive when compared to its competition, could end up being more costly in the long run.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the cost, categories to include in an accurate and complete TCO analysis.
- Learn why ERP systems are not a significant investment, based on their TCO.
- Find out how to recognize and avoid superficial, incomplete or incorrect TCO analyses that could negatively impact your software purchase decision.
- Appreciate the importance and cost-effectiveness of a TCO audit.
- Learn how SCM Focus can provide you with unbiased and well-researched TCO analyses to assist you in your software selection.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The Basics of TCO
- Chapter 3: The State of Enterprise TCO
- Chapter 4: ERP: The Multi-Billion Dollar TCO Analysis Failure
- Chapter 5: The TCO Method Used by Software Decisions
- Chapter 6: Using TCO for Better Decision Making