- SAP has told customers that they must use HANA CDSs.
- How accurate is SAP on this topic?
SAP has been communicating to customers that they should use HANA CDSs as a primary way to access SAP HANA data. And that CDS views are the way SAP will go forward in the future, which are available through OData interface.
See our references for this article and related articles at this link.
- The OData interface is both problematic and not as flexible as SQL.
- SAP should not be defining how you consume of view the data. SAP offers CDSs. Customers can use them or not use them depending upon whether they find they fit their needs.
- Business logic cannot be published to the CDSs.
SAP has this way of presenting their options as if they are natural law. If the CDSs are good, a test will show this when compared to your alternative. The things that SAP are saying on this topic are adding up. We record false statements that are routinely made to customers. The idea inside of SAP is that customers have no real right to any truth, anything is said that simply supports whatever SAP wants the customer to do.