- We offer unique information on enterprise software with unmatched accuracy and accuracy measurements.
- Our model is based upon complete independence as well as first-hand experience.
Brightwork Research & Analysis performs the most in-depth research into SAP that exists anywhere. We research SAP topics ranging from HANA to SAP’s TCO and best practice claims. Our extensive network of SAP sources, in addition to the first-hand experience with SAP, allows us to produce original research that entities like Gartner or Forrester cannot (will not?) do.
Brightwork publishes information that is often not complementary to SAP. If an entity publishes positive information about SAP, it will typically pass without commentary even if it is false (as it usually is). However, if the information is negative or just not in line with SAP’s marketing’s take on SAP, then questions are often surfaced (by those that work for SAP or benefit from SAP) as to a nefarious alternative motive.
Two options brought up include:
- Is Shaun a disgruntled ex-SAP employee?
- Is Oracle a paid employee?
Shaun never worked for SAP. Shaun has been working in SAP as a consultant since 1997 and for roughly 1/2 that time as an independent consultant. This is a primary way that Brightwork’s research is different from virtually any other IT analyst — that is, Shaun Snapp has first had experience turning the wrenches of SAP. Brightwork began as Brightwork Research & Analysis, which was entirely a website around the technical configuration of SAP. We change our name when our research extended into SAP overall — offering the most honest coverage of areas ranging from HANA and S/4HANA to indirect access. It was the observation of the chasm between SAP projects’ reality and the SAP marketing presentation that motivated producing publicly consumed independent research.
Secondly, Brightwork analyzes and critiques many companies — from Gartner to IDC to Forbes. The analysis is not motivated by an axe to grind with any of these entities — but is based upon analysis of their behavior. As they don’t pay us, we are free to critique — exactly as other entities that produce material in the area are not.
Notice who gives vendors and consulting companies the type of coverage they like, all of the entities that receive payment from software vendors and consulting companies.
Our Accuracy in Predicting SAP
We have a 10-year history of providing information about SAP with no funding from any software vendor. This has led to the most accurate history of SAP prediction anywhere and can be verified at A Study into the Accuracy of SAP. (accuracy is improved when one is not paid by SAP to write articles). We have also measured the accuracy of surrogates for SAP, such as A Study into John Appleby’s HANA Accuracy and A Study into Mark Chaflen’s Accuracy on S/4HANA SOH. As far as we can tell, we are the only entity in this space that measures other entities based on accuracy.
- Not Gartner, not Forrester, not IDC, not Deloitte, and indeed not IT media entities can compare to Brightwork’s accuracy.
- We commonly critique and outright lampoon the “analytical work” of media entities ranging from Fortune to IDC regarding their SAP coverage accuracy.
As you can see, if you have made it this far, it is challenging to obtain accurate information from the entities listed above.
- Virtually all of the research, consulting, and advice that can be purchased is aligned with established interests.
- If you have purchased research or consulting information, we can be hired to evaluate and provide our analysis. We can provide a number of different types of analyses of the material that will enhance your decision-making abilities and help moderate the influence of the types of poor quality information that we have profiled in this article.
- We can also be hired to investigate topics and perform original research on technology topics.
You can contact us at email@example.com