- We receive a large number of requests for free information.
- This article describes our policy on questions.
We offer some of the only independent fact-checking in the enterprise space. The enterprise software space is marked by both software vendors, consulting companies and IT analysts that only provide information that is financially advantageous for them to provide.
The Worst Information at the Highest Price…With the Most Accurate Information…for Free?
While companies are lied to by Deloitte or Gartner and pay top dollar for terrible quality information, for some reason many people that reach out to Brightwork Research and Analysis expect the most accurate information to be free. We have free requests that come from companies with a billion dollars in revenue, or a company that has raised $50 million in VC money. We have requests for free information that comes from hedge funds.
Dealing With These Ridiculous Expectations
After receiving enough of these requests throughout the years we have made several adjustments.
- We greatly limit our exposure to software vendors. Interactions with software vendors begin very congenially but they normally entail, once again consuming our time for free.
- We don’t even spend a minute thinking about the question that is asked. People that work for companies that ask us questions are profit-making enterprises. It makes zero sense for us to be subsidizing giant profit-making enterprises with our advice.
- The creation of this article. As soon as we categorize the question as a request for free information, we then send out this article that explains our position. If you have a question, and it is important, which is in most cases it is, and you see the value that comes from independent research, then we recommend you make the case to those with the purse strings that some budget should be allocated so that we can address the question.