- For years HANA resources talked a brave game.
- However, in the March 2019 layoffs, HANA resources have become quiet as a mouse.
We discussed the topic of the disappearing HANA resources with Eduardo Muniz at the Advantage Group.
“Shaun Snapp. Interesting that all SAP Conversationalists that challenge articles like yours and profited from being behind SAP are completely mute. No comments….“
“Good point. I am expecting a few however because this article is driving a lot of traffic. Most likely the comment will be very much filled with gratuitous personal attacks. The last argument used was that no one should comment at this time because it is inhumane. SAP resources have particular rules about when SAP can be fact-checked. Its like one day every four weeks is when fact checking is allowed, between the hours of 3 AM and 5 AM. But outside of that designated time, it is considered inappropriate and unprofessional. So it is important to keep away from the evidence and to focus on me and Brightwork. I am waiting for some SAP resource to blame Brightwork for the issues with HANA. There was literally an army of pro-HANA advocates that are becoming increasingly silent.“
Resources like John Appleby of Bluefin Solutions who spread so much false information about HANA are now nowhere to be found, and he won’t account for How John Appleby Was So Wrong About His HANA Predictions.
They are now nowhere to be seen in the media landscape for HANA and won’t account for the previous fallacious information they published.
After all the brave talk about how HANA would change the world, after repeating everything that SAP and Hasso Plattner said, and where we speculated What is the Difference Between an SAP Consulting Company and a Parrot on HANA?, HANA resources have become increasingly silent.
Getting to the Detail of TCO
The Mechanics of TCO
- Understand why you need to look at TCO and not just ROI when making your purchasing decision.
- Discover how an application, which at first glance may seem inexpensive when compared to its competition, could end up being more costly in the long run.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the cost, categories to include in an accurate and complete TCO analysis.
- Learn why ERP systems are not a significant investment, based on their TCO.
- Find out how to recognize and avoid superficial, incomplete or incorrect TCO analyses that could negatively impact your software purchase decision.
- Appreciate the importance and cost-effectiveness of a TCO audit.
- Learn how SCM Focus can provide you with unbiased and well-researched TCO analyses to assist you in your software selection.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The Basics of TCO
- Chapter 3: The State of Enterprise TCO
- Chapter 4: ERP: The Multi-Billion Dollar TCO Analysis Failure
- Chapter 5: The TCO Method Used by Software Decisions
- Chapter 6: Using TCO for Better Decision Making