- We are the only research entity that provides SAP HANA expert witness services.
- We provide the most knowledgeable SAP HANA expert witness support.
About Our Research Focus
We are both a research entity that focuses on SAP HANA and is a provider of SAP HANA expert witness services.
SAP HANA Definition
Let us review the definition of HANA.
(HochleistungsANalyseAnwendung or high performance analytics appliance) is an in-memory, column-oriented, relational database management system developed and marketed by SAP SE. Its primary function as the software running a database server is to store and retrieve data as requested by the applications. In addition, it performs advanced analytics (predictive analytics, spatial data processing, text analytics, text search, streaming analytics, graph data processing) and includes extract, transform, load (ETL) capabilities as well as an application server. – Wikipedia
About SAP HANA Lawsuits
- Most of the lawsuits deal with the promised versus actual functionality of the SAP HANA.
- Typically, the consulting company bears the lawsuit’s brunt, which means that HANA will have underperformed its promises. Still, the IT consulting company will be sued because the failure occurs during the implementation, which is performed by SAP’s expansive consulting partner ecosystem in the vast majority of cases. This is the lawsuit “absorption” agreement between SAP and the consulting firm.
- There are many different database types, and they seem to grow continually. However, some SAP made false claims about their database being able to do things well that they are, in reality, not very good at doing. An excellent example of this is the claims made by SAP that it could perform both transaction processing and analytics types of SAP HANA processing as well as specialized SAP HANAs, which are covered in our article What is a Transanlytical SAP HANA?
- SAP uses HANA to lock in customers to buy more SAP products, and this is done in the same way that SAP has historically used its ERP system to lock in customers. This lock-in, which is coordinated with SAP’s IT consulting partners, is also used to block out other vendors’ products, which was the topic of the Teradata lawsuit against SAP, which we cover in the article How True is SAP’s Motion to Dismiss Teradata’s Complaint.
Providing excellent SAP HANA expert witness support means understanding all of the areas of the SAP HANA system and the implementation understanding of SAP HANA systems.
The SAP HANA Systems
We have some of the most detailed research on SAP HANA. A few examples of our SAP HANA coverage include the article Is SAP’s Warm Data Tiering for HANA New?, and How Accurate Was IFS on the Potential of In-Memory Computing? And the coverage ranges from the technical to explanation of claims made by SAP to customers, licensing restrictions that come with HANA, and much more.