- Some have stated that hiring H1-B Indians is ok, but not Indian control over US recruiting.
- The problem is that these two topics are connected.
Introduction to Indian Recruiters
The rise of Indian recruitment agencies into the US and European IT markets has led to significant dislocations for domestic IT workers. This began all because of the Indian domination of the US H1-B visa program.
About Our References
See our references for this article and other articles on Indian IT recruiters at this link.
Can The H1-B Program and Indian Workers be Disentangled from the Issue of Indian Recruiters?
While discussing this topic with a domestic IT worker, I received this response.
I don’t have any problem with US companies hiring Indian programmers, architects, etc.
I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE INDIAN CONSULTING COMPANIES/RECRUITERS.
I have no idea – at all – about how to stop the tsunami of Indian recruiters. That is what I’d like to stop.
It does not make sense to break the topic into separate categories. And all domestic US IT workers should oppose companies bringing over Indians because of the following reasons.
- It means fewer jobs for domestic workers and more discrimination against you. Discrimination is a way of life in India.
- Indians will naturally corrupt anything they can get their hands on. This includes IT recruiting or sourcing, as is covered in the article The Problem With Indians as GateKeepers for US IT Purchases.
The Connection Between H1-B Program And Hiring Indian IT Workers And the Takeover Of IT Recruiting By Indians
If the H1-B visa program had been small, there would not be the Indian recruiter problem we see today. There was no problem with Indian recruiters before the arrival of H1-B. However, Indians are flowing into the US IT market at a rate that is hidden from the public, as is covered in the article How the H1-B Program Understates The True Number of Yearly H1-B Visas.
The evidence for Indian discrimination by recruiters and Indian companies (Infosys, Wipro, TATA) is overwhelming, and the proof of discrimination against domestic employees by Indians in US companies is overwhelming. The issue of ceaseless discrimination by Indians against US domestic IT workers is covered in the article The Discrimination by Indian Workers Against US Workers.
So if US domestic IT workers continue to play by their rules — which are discriminatory rules, while domestic workers pretend that Indians are just like any other workers and are…
- a.) being honest about their resumes,
- b.) are not targeting US domestic workers jobs,
- c.) not engaging in corrupt acts that match the exact behavior of the corrupt system back in India (I have plenty of case studies of cash payoffs to get contracts by Indian companies)…
…then, the domestic workers lose.
The rise and takeover of the US IT recruiting market by Indians is directly connected to the H1-B work visa program.
Indians have rigged this program to primarily bring Indians into the US, as is covered in the article How Indians From One Region – Andhra Pradesh Came To Control the H1-B Program. Indians create job descriptions specifically designed to create an artificial skills shortage, as is covered in the article How Indians Rig Job Descriptions To Block Domestic Employment And Enable H1-B Entry.
The H1-B visa program has led to Indians taking over the US IT recruiting market, making it that much more difficult for domestic workers to be placed in companies.